Monday, May 12, 2008

Surprise!...Someone Gave Me Something!

First, let me say this: I told myself when I started this blog that I would never blog about blogging. As you can tell for the previous sentence, I am breaking that rule. No, I'm not going to rant about blogs, bloggers, or blog readers. No, I'm not going to say I've run out of things to write about. No, I'm not going to do either of those things. All I'm going to do is acknowledge that I've fallen a bit behind on the blog this past week. I have no excuses. I have let you down, dear reader. I am sorry. Please forgive me and continue to read in the future. I like when you read my blog. I makes me feel interesting and sometimes cool (only sometimes). I will do my darnedest to never let this web log fall behind again. That being said, I have a quick story to share:

Not too long ago I returned home from work, took my shoes and pants off, turned on the TV, and plopped on the couch. Almost immediately I realized I had to run to the store (for what, I can not remember). So, I slowly rose from the cushions, put my shoes and pants back on (not necessarily in that order) and drove out into the Californian unknown.
My experience at the store was uneventful so I won't bore you with those details. Something interesting did happen upon my return home, so I will bore you with those details.
By this time in the evening the sun was well on its way to setting. I believe the correct term for such times is "dusk." The streets were dark and full of shadows but as I pulled into my parking lot I noticed a beaming white object hanging on my door.
As I parked my car I realized that it was a plastic grocery bag not unlike the ones sitting in my trunk. I put my car in park and removed the keys. I sat there wondering who could have placed this mystery bag on my door in the 20 minutes I had been gone and further more, what was in it? A mystery indeed.
I popped my trunk, slowly exited my vehicle, and cautiously grabbed the 4 plastic grocery bags containing my recent purchases. As I drew closer to the mystery bag my heart raced. The white plastic mocked my every step begging me to come closer. As I reached my door I didn't blow up. I consider that a small victory, but my palms began to sweat as I inched my right hand towards it. I grabbed one of its two handles and slid it off of my door handle. I pulled the bag wide open and hesitantly peered inside. To my amazement I found 4 items all belonging to a recognizable set. This bag, that someone felt compelled to leave on my doorstep held 3 dry erase markers and a corresponding dry erase eraser. I considered this a major victory. Now I need to by a dry erase board and I'll be set.

Til Next Time

P.S. I went to another Hollywood party this past weekend. I scared plenty with my dancing.

States: 26
Countries: 8

This Post For Those With Limited Attention Spans:
I'm sorry for not writing.
I took off my shoes and pants.
I ran errands.
Someone left a mystery package on my door.
I didn't blow up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved, but from the title, I was expecting a tantalizing tale involving (at the very least) a sassy redhead and VD. Oh well, I hope you enjoy the markers.

Anonymous said...

Alright I'm shocked. Dry erase accessories warrant a blog entry but a Wii counts for nothing.

Whatever

:)