Thursday, February 28, 2008

First the Country...Then the World

In my previous post I left you on a bit of a creepy note. To reiterate, I signed off by saying, "I know where you live." Creepy, I know, but true. No, I don't know exactly where you live, nor do I know exactly who you are, but I do know that someone in your city has read my blog.
You see, I track the traffic of the people who pass through and partake in my ramblings. I can read a report every 24 hours that will tell me from which cities my posts are being read.
Currently I have had people check in from 5 different countries. Impressive I know, but there is 1 country (I won't name names to avoid embarrassment) in which I cannot place a friend. Whoever they are, though, they are very avid readers. Likewise, I can claim 15 states across our fine country with at least 1 resident who has taken a gander at my humble journal. Yet, in 2 of those states (they again remain nameless) the reader is a mystery to me. Perhaps they are old friends that I've lost touch with. Perhaps they're friends that I have kept in touch with, yet completely forgot where they live. Maybe they were just vacationing and had nothing better to do than to read about my antics (some vacation). Regardless, it is pretty exciting to look at a map and realize how spread out your acquaintances are (even if I don't know if I know them). But let's not stop there.
I have a goal. I want to put a check mark in every one of our 50 states. I want my reach and influence to be felt from the deepest valley to the highest mountain, through the amber waves of grain, from sea to shining sea, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, and justice for all, USA. So, pass a link to your friends. All I need is for them to click on it once, but hopefully they'll enjoy it and keep coming back or pass it along to another friend who will in turn pass it on again etc, etc. To keep it interesting for you, the reader, I will post the number of states I have checked off (again, they will be nameless so stop asking) at the end of every post starting with this one. We'll see what happens. Go get 'em.
First the country, then the world.

'Til Next Time

States: 15
Countries: 5

P.S. Did I ever mention how everyone at work has glitter on their face? Girls love glitter, so Barbie loves glitter, so there is a lot of it around. Today I found some on my steering wheel. Sigh.

2 comments:

Brandon Till said...

How are you tracking this? I want to do that.

~England

julie said...

Dude, and I thought that Isaac's baby stalking website had some traffic. You're the king!

You may not know anyone in LA, but you've been to more parties and movies than I have in the past six months. :-)