Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Great Frame Up...On Wheels

On my first day at Mattel, as I sat amongst strangers in orientation, I was given a 'Welcome to Work Goodie Bag.' In this bag was a travel mug, a mouse pad, and a notepad (all of which were proudly displaying the Mattel logo), but also included was a license plate frame. This frame was a bright shiny chrome plated symbol of status that tells everybody that "My other car is a Hotwheels." I was really excited about this because currently my car tells everyone that I'm too much of a wuss to haggle the price of my car down by letting them know, "I bought my car at Carmax." So, no longer will people think, "Hey, there goes an easy target." They'll now just wonder, "How does he fit into that other car of his."

Til Next Time.

P.S. I saw a license plate frame yesterday claiming the driver was a member of Mensa. Nobody said geniuses were humble.

No comments: