Sunday, February 3, 2008

I had an interesting weekend...that was hard to say without laughing.

No, I did not have an interesting weekend, but I'll try to summarize as briefly as I can the pertinent information with the following bulleted list:

1. My car passed the "California Smog Test" : My car gives off an acceptable amount of smog, so that means I can register my car in the Golden State. That's good, because I didn't want to start running to work. (At 6-7mph I would have to get up much earlier in the morning to make it in on time.)

2. A restaurant's wait staff is overly friendly when dining alone: It's true, but I'm not sure they realize that it is difficult to carry on a conversation when one is stuffing his mouth with gumbo. (I call that the "dental hygienist syndrome," although I must say that the waiters symptoms are much less intrusive.)

3. Panic didn't overtake me when I locked myself out of my apartment: I was going for a run and I locked myself out, so I didn't have my wallet, phone, or (obviously) my keys. It worked out alright though. After 20 minutes of unsuccessfully trying to break in, I walked to the library, referenced this thing called a "phone book," and used some big device on a desk that functioned just like a cell phone to call my landlord. 3 hours and much wandering later, I was back in business and resumed my life. (By "life" I am referring to "sitting alone in my apartment.")

So, not that interesting.

Till next time.

P.S. Thermal expansion and contraction keeps me up at night, not the complexities of the concept itself but the noise my furnace makes when it heats up and subsequently cools down. It sounds like someone tapping on a baking sheet repeatedly at 3am. It's difficult, however, to tell the laws of physics to be quiet...they have self-esteem issues...and I need those laws for so many things.

2 comments:

e n s said...

get a fake rock to hold a spare house key
or get a fake house to hold a spare rock

Anonymous said...

funny stuff, bazarko.

sounds like you're living the dream.
how's barbie?